Be Prepared for Hurricane Season
With hurricane season beginning on June 1st, (ends November 30th) it is important for everyone to be aware and prepared. People living in the Gulf and Atlantic Coasts are more likely to experience this type of event so it’s important for them to be ready when a hurricane hits. Here are some important things to note when preparing for the hurricane season:
- In the event that one might have to leave the state, contact an out-of-state friend or relative to make sure that space will be available just in case one must evacuate.
- Designate the safest room in the house and the best escape route just in case one must leave and decide on a meeting area.
- Double check your insurance coverage and check out the flooding section to make sure one is covered.
- Begin to store non perishable items and water.
- Be sure to purchase a weather radio so one can keep up to date with the latest news.
These are only general tips to follow. Google’ing hurricane preparedness tips will provide one with plenty of detailed ideas and tips to stay safe during this hurricane season.