11 Texas Mommy Blogs That You Should Start Reading
By Brooke, August 23, 2012, Save Money
Someone once told me that being a mom is the hardest job you’ll ever have, but it’s also the most rewarding. Now that my daughter is three, I have had many hard days (more since she turned three) but have had so many more wonderful days (thank goodness!). Because of the hard days, it’s no wonder why women across the world have started blogging…to share their experiences, ask for help, or to help others. I have received lots of great information from these women and thought I would pass along some of the more helpful Texas “mommy” blogs to you.
- Dallas Single Mom. The author, Heather, is a single mom who lives in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. She is the epitome of a multi-tasker as she is a mother of three, works full time and devotes her evenings to the site as well as her other activities. She provides helpful information on topics such as divorce, co-parenting and custody but also provides money saving tips, coupons, freebies and more. Her insight helps both married and single moms alike. She also provides book reviews, travel specials, food specials and recipes your family will love.
- That Tech Chick. This Beaumont mom created a technology blog to help everyday women. Women use technology in their lives daily, and this site makes it easier for anyone to understand and utilize technology. You can find topics such as the latest on gadgets, technology news, smartphone apps, blogging tips and more.
- Mom Houston. This Houston Chronicle blog is geared for Houston moms and families. Here readers can find up to date news on current events that relate to families as well as tips, events around town and humorous articles and photos just to make you laugh.
- Mom2MomDFW. This Star-Telegram.com blog is for Dallas/Fort Worth moms and families. Here too, moms can read up on family-related current events as well as learn helpful tips for families, saving money, etc. Readers can also find humorous pics and blogs to help lighten the day.
- SuperMomSurveys. This site provides resources for saving and making money. The author writes about money making opportunities that she has signed up to and gets paid from regularly without spending a dime! She also provides a list of freebies and giveaways to take advantage of.
- You Go Girl! As the author puts it this blog is “nothing fancy, just good cookin for family and friends!” And that is exactly what this site is. She has shared about 300 recipes in counting ranging from breakfast, casseroles, dinners, drinks and more all for your family to enjoy. Most of them appear to be simple recipes for even the most novices of cooks.
- Welcome To My Kitchen. Here you can find recipes, product/recipe reviews, cooking and baking tips and FREE giveaways related to cooking and the kitchen. This Texas blogger loves to cook, bake and try new recipes that she posts to the site.
- DIY Home Sweet Home. Although she doesn’t currently live in Texas, this blogger has called Texas home. She is all about doing things yourself whether its crafts, organizing, cleaning or just about anything else. She provides ideas, tips and tutorials to help guide you through the process. In addition, she has a section on recycling and re-purposing that can help anyone looking to incorporate greener practices into their lives.
- Crunchy Farm Baby. This “crunchy” mommy of one strives to leave a light footprint on the Earth and shares eco-friendly tips, product reviews, giveaways, recipes and more. Although she doesn’t live in Texas, I do like her blog and the information she provides.
- Haute Mommy. This stay at home Houston mommy shares tips to live that champagne life on a stay at home mom budget. Follow her and learn tips on fashion, decor, cooking, kids and more! She is witty and honest, and you are sure to learn a thing or to to keep stylish without spending a lot of money.
- My DFW Mommy. From freebies, giveaways to restaurant and retail deals. These Dallas/Fort Worth mommies now how to live life frugally and are dedicated to helping others do the same. They make saving easy as they display weekly store ads, listing places where you can sign up to receive birthday freebies and more!