The Bounce Energy Scholarship Program
Bounce Energy is always looking for ways to give back to the community that supports us. That's why we have created the Bounce Energy Scholarship Program to help aid our youth on their educational journey.
*The 2014 BE More Scholarship is now closed. Keep an eye out for our next scholarship!
The Winners of the 2014 BE More Scholarship
- Neha G - At the age of 9, Neha founded Empower Orphans, an organization dedicated to enabling underprivileged children break the cycle of poverty through education and healthcare.
- Giselle C - Giselle helped raised awareness of teen dating violence through her Love Shouldn't Hurt campaign which had a direct result at her school, causing a decrease in dating violence from 18% to 9%.
- Loren A - A research assistant, certified animal assisted therapist for developmentally disabled adults, and speech-language pathologist. Loren carries on her mom and sister's legacy through her avid community involvement.
The Bounce Energy "BE More" Scholarship
Bounce Energy is offering the Bounce Energy "BE More" $2,500 Scholarship to 3 qualified students. The $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to 3 students from the states that we serve - Texas, Pennsylvania, and New York. Each applicant must submit the required application online, which includes a short essay of up to 500 words.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet each of the following requirements:
- Must be a current senior high school student or college student under 24 years of age
- Achieve a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submit copy of transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Be a resident of or going to college in these states: Texas, New York, or Pennsylvania
- Submit your application online by March 31, 2014 .
- Write 500-word essay responding to: "Bounce Energy considers itself to be more than just an electricity company. Going beyond just competitive electricity rates, we also offer customer rewards, community charity support opportunities, and other convenient products and services. Bounce Energy wants to know: how do you consider yourself to be more than just a student?"
We reached out to the winner's of the 2013 "BE More" Scholarship to see how it has helped them this past school year:
The Bounce Energy "Be More" scholarship has been such a blessing to me. It has lightened the financial burden of college considerably and has allowed me to focus on enjoying my time in college instead of having to devote all my time to work and worrying about how to afford college. The scholarship has definitely allowed me to continue being "more than a student" by giving me the time to get involved in clubs and activities on campus and continue running Tying Up Cancer. I will forever be appreciative of Bounce Energy's efforts to be more than an electricity company, giving back to the communities in which they serve!- Molly B.
I am so appreciative that I was awarded a Bounce Energy scholarship in 2013. I am majoring in engineering at Virginia Tech and these funds have allowed me to not only focus more on my studies, but also to increase my outreach to the community. I have continued to be involved in FIRST robotics and signed up to mentor the local team in VA as well as my hometown high school's team online and during my breaks.- Thomas F.
This scholarship really allowed me the opportunity to pay for books and tuition while providing me with some financial relief. Thanks to Bounce Energy, my family and I were burdened less with the ability to pay for my college education. In addition, receiving this scholarship allowed my diabetic father, who is on dialysis, to not worry about breaking his budget or using his limited resources to finance my education. My family has done a lot for me over the years, so I'm glad that I can help take care of them now.- Lucinda Y.
About Bounce Energy
Bounce Energy is a Retail Electricity Provider headquartered in Houston, currently servicing deregulated electricity service areas in Texas, Pennsylvania, and New York. Since we were founded in 2008, we have been committed to being more than just an electricity company. We offer great customer rewards and convenient products. We work hard to support the communities that we serve.