You Have the Power to Choose
What is Texas Electric Choice?
Texas Electric Choice is the power given to Texans to choose their own Retail Electric Provider. Who has the Power to Choose in Texas? Well, about 75% of the state of Texas has the power to choose their electric company, when before a single electricity provider controlled and managed the transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to residential and commercial locations. The deregulation of Texas Electricity became effective on January 1, 2002 and now offers Texans the ability to shop and compare electricity providers in their area to find the best deals and service.
Areas in Texas that have choice are:
- Oncor Service area includes Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth, Irving, Midland, Odessa, Plano, Richardson, Round Rock, Tyler and Waco.
- Centerpoint Energy Service area includes Baytown, Galveston, Houston, Humble, Kingwood, Pasadena and Sugar Land.
- AEP South Service area includes Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Laredo, McAllen, San Benito and Victoria.
- AEP North Service area includes Abilene, Alpine, San Angelo and Vernon.
- TNMP Service area includes Lewisville and various cities throughout Texas.
History of Deregulation in the Texas Electric Market
Before the Texas Senate Bill 7 (SB7) came into effect on January 1, 2002 electricity consumers didn't have the option to choose who they received electricity from. But now with the Deregulation of Texas Energy, it has broken down the market into several different Retail Electric Providers, helping create competition and lower electricity rates for consumers throughout Texas. Over 75% of Texas has been given the power to choose their own electric provider, and millions of Texans have already exercised their right to choose.
Let Bounce Energy be Your Texas Electric Choice!Get more than just low rates with your electricity service.
- Innovative and flexible plans
- Reliable service
- Exceptional customer service
- Superior customer rewards
- Education Center Home
- What is Texas Electric Choice?
- Why You Should Switch
- The Process of Switching Electric Companies
- Plan Types and Options
- Learn More about Your Electric Bill
- Energy Efficiency Tips to Save You Money
- How to Read Your Texas Electric Meter
- Texas Electricity Glossary
- Bounce Energy FAQs
- Other Ways to Save Money