My Power is Out Because of This Storm! Who Do I Call?

By Adam P. Newton, October 24, 2015, Hurricane Prep, News

No one wants to be without electricity in the home – especially when a bad storm like Hurricane Patricia brings wind and rain. If this happens to you, you should immediately contact your local utility company for assistance. Also known as the Transmission and Distribution Service Provider (TDSP), the utility company is responsible for working with the lines, poles, and meters in your area to make sure you get electricity.

My Power is Out Because of This Storm! Who Do I Call?

Not sure who your utility company is? Here is a list of the five major Texas utility companies:

  • Oncor (Dallas / Fort Worth area and into Central & East Texas)1-888-313-4747
  • CenterPoint (Greater Houston area) – 1-800-332-7143
  • AEP North (The Panhandle and West Texas)1-866-223-8058
  • AEP Central (South Texas and the Greater Rio Grande Valley area)1-866-223-8508
  • TNMP1-888-866-7456

Don’t see the name of your utility company? You probably live in a regulated area of Texas. You should check out your most recent electricity bill to figure out who to call to report an outage.

Dear Bounce Energy customers: We ask that you do NOT call us if you have a power outage. We certainly DO want you to get your power back, but we unfortunately cannot fix a power outage caused by bad weather, and we are unable to call the utility company for you.

Check out these power outage tips for more information.

Be Sociable, Share!

Related Posts

Tags: , , ,

Comments are closed.