Bounce Energy is excited to announce its fourth annual “BE More" Scholarship! The scholarship is open to all high school senior and college students who live or attend school in the state of Texas. The $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to three qualifying students. In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the requirements below, submit an online application, and write a short essay of no more than 500 words.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet each of the following requirements:
- Must be a current high school senior or college student under the age of 24 years
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submit a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial)
- Must be a resident of or attend school (high school or college) in the state of Texas
- Submit a complete online application by June 30th, 2016
- Write a 500-word essay responding to:
- "Bounce Energy considers itself to be more than just an electricity company. Going beyond just competitive electricity rates, we also offer customer rewards, community charity support opportunities, and other convenient products and services. Bounce Energy wants to know: how do you consider yourself to be more than just a student?"
For more information about the scholarship view our Terms and Conditions.
What will you accept as an unofficial transcript?
An unofficial transcript does not need to bear a University Seal or School Seal, but must contain all of the relevant academic information of a student: including student name, cumulative grade point average, and school year. Your guidance counselor, student services, or registrar’s office may be able to help you get an unofficial transcript. We will also accept your current grades reports or current report card.
What if I don’t have my ACT/SAT scores yet?
The ACT and SAT scores are optional for the "BE More" Scholarship. If you haven’t taken either test yet, it will not affect whether or not you will be considered for the scholarship.
Is there an age requirement?
Yes, all applicants must be under the age of 24, and must be a current high school senior or college student.
What are the general requirements for the "BE More" Scholarship?
- Students must be residents of or attend high school or college in Texas
- Students must either be current high school senior or college student under the age of 24
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Students must complete the essay requirements online
- All applications and transcripts must be submitted online through our application
When can I apply for the "BE More" Scholarship?
The scholarship application must be submitted from March 14th through June 30th, 2016.
I did not get a submission confirmation number. What do I do?
If you did not get a confirmation number or an email confirming your submission, make sure your transcript file was uploaded and/or you got an error message on your confirmation page. If you are able to upload your transcript file and still do not get a confirmation number, please email BEscholarship@directenergy.com for help.
When and how will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced on August 31st, 2016 on our website. Winners will also be contacted either through email or phone.
Can I edit my application after submitting it?
No, if you find you’ve made an error after submitting your application, you will have to fill out another application. We cannot make edits to an application once it has been submitted. If you do fill out another application, be sure to email BEscholarship@directenergy.com and let us know the confirmation number of the application with an error.
What is the amount of the "BE More" scholarship?
We will give away 3 scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each.
How do you choose a winner?
A scholarship committee comprised of at least 10 volunteer members will score each of the entries based on the following criteria:
- Academic Performance based upon the transcript provided (25%)
- Essay received with application based upon the applicant's community involvement, future career goals, hobbies, interests, personal strengths and leadership qualities (75%)
Bounce Energy has had the privilege of reviewing students’ applications for the past three years. Recipients are selected based on their eligibility, academic performance, and answer to the essay prompt. Here are the past winners of our "BE More" Scholarship:
- Kylie K. of Mifflingburg, PA
- Charles S. of Landsdale, PA
- Brody R. of Austin, TX
- Neha G of Yardley, PA
- Giselle C of Mission, TX
- Loren A of Cortland Manor, NY
- Molly B from Orchard Park, NY
- Thomas F from Chester Springs, PA
- Lucinda Y from Houston, TX