Welcome to the Bounce Energy Texas Electricity Education Center
What is renewable energy? What's a variable rate plan? Use the resources below to educate yourself on your Texas electricity service through each link. Learn why the Texas electricity market is unique and how it can benefit you. Remember, you have the power to choose your electricity provider so let Bounce help you with your decision.
Texas Electricity: What You Need to Know
How Texas Electricity Works
Learn about electricity deregulation and how it gives you the power to choose.
With all the plan types available, we discuss your options so you can choose what's right for your home or business.
Rates and Fees
Usage rates? TDU fees? Local Taxes? We'll explain these charges and others you may see on your electricity bill, and why they are there.
Need help understanding your Texas electricity bill? We take a closer look at the different components of your bill!
Electricity Facts Label
Reading your Electricity Facts Label (EFL) is the key to learning about your electricity service.
The electricity industry uses a lot of different terms and jargon when it comes to electricity, so let our glossary help you understand what it all means.
Choosing Your Texas Electricity Company
Shopping for Your Texas Electricity Company
With so may companies competing for your business, learn how to use your power to choose to get the best deal.
Looking to switch companies but need help with the math? Our savings calculator will help you compare rates. By entering a little information about your current electricity service such as your zip code, current rate for kWh, monthly electricity usage, and what type of plan you're interested in, we can calculate your savings and show you which Bounce Energy plans can help you save!
Compare Bounce Energy to Other Texas Electricity Providers
We're happy to discuss how we're different from our competitors so that you can make an informed choice.
Understanding Your Texas Smart Meter
Your Smart Meter will track your electricity usage so that you can learn how to save electricity at your home or business.
- How Smart Is Your Texas Electric Meter?
- How to Make Your Texas Electricity Smart Meter Work for You
- How Your Smart Meter Can Help You Save On Your Electricity Bills
- Texas Smart Meter FAQ
Learn how to use energy more effectively and efficiently in your home or business so that you reduce your usage and lower your bills.
- Why Your Home Needs an Energy Audit
- Energy Efficiency for Your Home While You're on Vacation
- Getting An Energy Audit
- Making Your Home More Energy Efficient: Ductwork, Mudsills, and Hot Water Heaters
- Using Weather Stripping, Furnace Filters, and Power Strips to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
- How Programmable Thermostats and Attic Insulation Create an Energy Efficient Home
Top 5 FAQs
Question: How long does it take for a check payment to clear and be applied to my account?
Answer: When you send us a check, whether it's from your checkbook or via your bank, please allow 7-10 days from the time it's mailed for it to be applied to your account.
Question: Do I need to register before I can manage my account and pay my bill online?
Answer: No, there's no need to register an account. Once your order is accepted, you can access your account using the user name and password you created at the time you placed your order or using the user name and password that was given to you by a customer service rep if you ordered by phone. If you don't have this information, you can go to this link and request it: Lost Password. If you need further help on accessing your account, you can contact us at 1-888-45-BOUNCE.
Question: I signed up for Thrifty Saver Promotional Plan, why did my plan and rate change after the first bill?
Answer: Our Thrifty Saver Promotional plan is one of our month-to-month plans that gives customers a super low rate rate in the first billing cycle as a bonus for choosing Bounce Energy. Once your first billing cycle is complete, you're automatically moved to our Thrifty Saver plan where the rate stays competitive with other plans in the market and you continue earning valuable rewards via our Loyalty Program.
Question: I need more time to pay my bill, can I get a payment extension?
Answer: Once you are a Bounce Energy customer for 3 months, we may be able to offer you deferred payment options. You can get more information on these options by contacting us at 1-888-45-BOUNCE (1-888-452-6862) Monday-Friday: 7:30am-8pm CST
Saturday: 7:30am-5pm CST
Question: How and when do I qualify for my rewards?
Answer: Bounce Energy's Reward Program is simple. All you have to do is pay your bill on-time and every 6 months you will earn a reward. For example, if you paid your bill on-time for 12 straight bills, you will earn your choice of $50 in bill credits or a $50 VISA gift card.
- Why Does the Price of Natural Gas Affect the Price of Texas Electricity
- The Beauty of Texas Electricity Deregulation: Easy Switching
- Weather and Your Texas Electricity Service: Part 1
- Weather and Your Texas Electricity Service: Part 2
- Why Should You Switch Retail Electric Providers?
- How to Lower Your Next Energy Bill
- Is Your Electricity Bill Affected by the Cold Weather
- Billing, Account Management, and Disconnect Notices
- Electricity Myths Revealed
- What is Texas-New Mexico Power?
- Searching for AEP Electricity Information?
- Explaining Oncor Electricity
- Looking for Centerpoint Electricity?