100% Green Energy From Clean Energy Sourceslike wind, biomass, hydro and solar
- Power your home with 100% clean energyWhen you sign up for Smart Green, you're selecting an eco-friendly option that powers your home with energy generated from clean sources like solar, wind, and biomass.
- No long-term contract, no termination feeWith Smart Green, there's no contract to agree to and no termination fee if you switch plans or providers.
Organic Power Promotional
- Super low promotional rate as a welcome bonus!Receive this promotional rate on your first bill, and start saving immediately with one of the lowest rates for green energy in the market.
- 100% green & clean energyClean energy generated from wind, geothermal, biomass, and solar sources.
Organic Power Fixed 6
- Power your home with 100% clean energyWhen you sign up for Organic Power Fixed 6, you're selecting an eco-friendly option that powers your home with energy generated from clean sources like solar, wind, and biomass.
- Lock in your rate for the next 6 billsProtect yourself from the potential of rising energy costs for the next 6 months.
Organic Power Fixed 12
- Power your home with energy generated from renewable sourcesWhen you sign up for Organic Power Fixed 12, you're selecting an eco-friendly option that powers your home with energy generated from clean sources like solar, wind, and biomass.
- Price locked in for the next 12 billsDon't worry about fluctuating energy prices when you lock in your energy rate for the next year.
Learn More About Green Energy
Renewable energy sources are non-fossil fuel or nuclear in nature and can be replenished in a short time frame. With only an estimated 7% of all total energy production coming from renewable energy sources, there's plenty more we can do as consumers. So why should you switch to a green energy option Bounce Energy?
Solar energy is generally converted into electricity in 2 ways: Photovoltaic (PV devices) or Solar Cells - PV devices are most often used at locations that aren't connected to an electric grid. These cells can change sunlight directly into electricity.
Solar Power Plants - These power plants produce electricity when sunlight heats a liquid (usually water) that then produces steam to turn generators.
It's estimated that 70-75% of all renewable energy comes from hydropower. This alternative source turns moving water into mechanical energy through steam. There are several different methods used to harness the power of water including:
- "Run of the River" systems that take advantage of a river's high point, allowing the water to run against a turbine that spins an electricity-generator.
- Reservoir storage system that uses dammed water to generate electricity
- Tidal energy the uses the tidal schedule generate energy through turbines
Used for centuries, the process of harnessing wind power consists of turbines converting the kinetic energy of the wind into mechanical energy that's then sent through a generator to produce electrical energy. The resulting electricity is then sent through lines for distribution.
Biomass energy is a varying form of energy that's produced from all types of matter, including animals, plants, landfill waste, and cow manure. The production uses large boilers to burn the matter, which produces a chemical energy that creates heat and steam which turns a turbine.